I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross - Song of the Week #14

I'm Coming Out

This is an upbeat, uplifting tune designed to get you on your feet, dancing your way to a new you. It's a declaration, a new you emerging and moving forward fearlessly, showing the world who you are and what you're really capable of. Diana sings us into power, and gives the will to spread our own gifts with love.


Musically, it's a r&b-funk-pop-disco spectacular with an addictive call...
"I'm...Coming...Out...I'm Coming...
I'm...Coming...Out...I'm Coming...
I'm Coming...Out
I'm Coming Out!"
The guitar grooving through the rhythmic chords at the beginning sets up the song magically, and gets you into the flow. Perfectly placed drum fills and a punchy horn line do the rest. Diana's smooth but assertive tones begin her announcement, and you can't help but sing along.
"I want the world to know. Got to let it show."
A great rhythmic guitar groove, and funky bass line really carry you all the way through the song. The horns bring the excitement to the next level delightfully. No need for a bridge when you've got a great chorus, and a few verses to complete the message. 


For all of you out there who need a little pick me up to make a change to the real you...This is your new anthem!


Here's the original(unfortunately it's not the entire song.)


Beyoncé bringing out her inner Diana!


And who could forget Puff Daddy & Mase rapping over the Diana loop.


Happy Listening!
~JLS~


No comments:

Post a Comment